N670X Series 2D Scan Engines
The N670X Series 2D barcode scan engine is Honeywell’s slimmest 2D imager. It is designed to provide higher performance and reliability, simplify integration into mobile devices, and enable increased barcode scanning speeds to meet higher-volume application requirements.
Parallel or MIPI interface availability helps simplify integration into mobile devices that require the most current, as well as traditional, processor interfaces. Its compact dimensions (6,8 mm [0.27 in] height x 16,2 mm [0.64 in] depth) free up more room for other technology integration.
Read range and readability have been leveled up in the N670X Series. Based on a 1 Mpx global shutter sensor, it can read Code 39 20 mils at 0,8 m [31.5 in] distance (SR optics typical read range) and provides an increased read range by 40% compared to its predecessor. Its white LED illumination enhances image capture accuracy while the HD optics allow reading of higher resolution codes (down to 2.5 mils on Code 39 1D barcodes and down to 5 mils Data Matrix and QR barcodes). Equipped with its high density optics, the N670X can read the new DotCode for tobacco products traceability down to a resolution of 5 mils.
With notable maximum motion tolerance of 6 m/s [236 in/s], the N670X Series can read moving barcodes, enabling increased scanning speed and productivity. The red laser aimer provides the flexibility to better suit customer application requirements, and the lower power consumption (205 mA at 3.6 V, maximum) increases the battery life provided by a single charge.
This product is electrically backward-compatible with Honeywell's N660X Series and N3601 Series, which all use the same connector, reducing integration time and design costs while increasing design flexibility and choice. All three scan engine families are considerably slim and can fit in compact enclosures, enabling you to offer two different levels of barcode scanning performance to your customers without a housing change or additional accessory design.
The N670X can help the enterprise mobility, tablet, sled and wearable device maker lead the way in offering products that can exceed general industry standards pertaining to scanning performance, reliability and integration flexibility. Built on Honeywell’s latest decoding and imaging technology, this product is backed up by a savvy engineering team readily available to offer you support for your integration needs.
- Best performance: Includes increased read range and higher resolution readability (Standard Range and High Density Optics available).
- Notable motion tolerance: With motion tolerance of up to 6 m/s, it enables increased scan speed and operational effectiveness.
- Ultra-compact size: At 6,8 mm, the slim height makes it easier to fit today's and tomorrow's compact devices.
- Withstands extreme temperatures: Wider operational temperature range (-30°C to 60°C [-22°F to 140°F]) extends potential applications.
- Simplified, faster integration: Compatibility with other Honeywell scan engine families and availability of parallel or MIPI interface helps reduce integration time and design costs.
- Supports beyond barcode functionalities such as OCR and EasyParse: Allows for potential use with driving licences, boarding passes and automotive part parsing.
Designed for professional-grade, mobile devices such as tablets, wearable scanners, mobile terminals, accessories in retail stores, warehouses, and healthcare facilities, as well as delivery, pick-up/drop-off, and field servicing.