Honeywell’s PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers use piezoresistive sensing technology with ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) signal conditioning in a brass housing and Metri-Pack 150, DIN, or cable harness electrical connections. The PX3 Series is calibrated and temperature compensated from -40°C to 125°C [-40°F to 257°F].
The PX3 Series is available in two pressure ranges:
- 1 bar to 50 bar
- 15 psi to 700 psi
Value to Customers
- Total Error Band (TEB) ±1.0 %FSS from -20°C to 85°C: Provides indication of the sensor’s true measurement performance over a specified temperature range; small error promotes system uptime and efficiency.
- Higher insulation resistance and dielectric strength: Protects the user and sensor in high over-voltage situations, and ensures that the device is compliant with industry standards.
- Higher EMC performance: Operates more reliably in the presence of electro-magnetic fields, such as near wireless signals, RF communication, and electrical devices.
- Higher external freeze/thaw resistance: Survives exposure to frost, commonly found in refrigeration systems.
- Reduced current consumption: Helps to reduce energy costs, and enhances product life if used in battery driven systems.
- Media compatibility: Common HFC (hydrofluorocarbon) refrigerants (R410A and R134A), next generation low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants (R448A/Solstice® N40, R32 and R1234ZE), engine oil, petroleum-based hydraulic fluids, brake fluids (DOT3), and dry air. For ammonia and other corrosive media, see Honeywell’s SPT Series.
- Optional diagnostics mode: Beneficial in applications where the sensor functionality and the need to know internal or external failure modes is critical.
- Great customer value: Multiple configuration possibilities provide flexibility of use in the application with no upfront NRE or tooling charges.
- Durable: Provides the tough environmental specifications needed, including insulation resistance and dielectric strength, external freeze-thaw resistance, and EMC performance.
- 4 mA to 20 mA output is temperature compensated up to 125°C